Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Worst and Greatest Reverie

broken glass and shattered silence spray across the room. finally after years of helplessness i grab your hand. her final breath is not his final blow, i can feel it. we run, eyes narrowing on the away. your face stings, heart bleeds, i know, but you cannot look back. you hear me? do not look back! mid sprint, the concussion is deafening, stumbling. gradually we turn. wailing, clinging to me, you seem so small. my fingertips brush plastic and metal in the bottom of my coat pocket. i am ready. we are ready. after a few steps, we are back from where we had come. our eyes lock and i know the tear tracks signal me to go on. with a strike of the metal, it starts. slowly walking backwards, we gaze into the light at the end of the tunnel. flames engulf hatred, a ruining past. we can hear the sirens now. they are coming to the rescue. but my brother and i..we have already been saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment